Top 5 Features of Pediatric EMR Software Systems
If you like this post, please subscribe to our Email Subscription to read our new posts in your email.
Using pediatric electronic medical record (EMR) systems can save your practice time and money, especially in terms of searching for chart information and being able to sharing records across multiple locations. There are some things that you should look for in order to make the process easier for you and your staff when transitioning to pediatric EMR software. Here are a key considerations:
- A workflow that's tailored to pediatrics. EMR software meant for adults or for low-volume practices may not fit with your practice. Your pediatric EMR software should be able to handle the high-volume, rapid turnover, short notice nature of a pediatric practice, as well as store and secure sensitive data.
- A drug alert system just for pediatrics. Some medicines are fine for adults, but others can be dangerous - even fatal - for children. When you're prescribing medicine, you need to be able to quickly cross-check and verify that the drug won't harm the child more than help him, and that's why it's important to have that kind of alert system in your software.
- Child-specific templates. In addition to standard well-visit templates that chart weight, height, head circumference, and other metrics, pediatric EMR software needs to also be able to generate things like camp, sports, and school records. This would also include templates for notes, like school notes, allergy notes, and flu notes.
- Immunization management. Particularly during the early years of their lives, children get a lot of shots. The software needs to be able to track, manage, and alert you to when the child needs to schedule, say, her next hepatitis vaccine. It should also track the batch and lot number of the immunization given.
- Integration with other systems. Finally, you don't want to buy a pediatric EMR package, only to find that it doesn't play well with your billing or scheduling system. Consider how the software will work with your practice as a whole.
Used properly, pediatric EMR software
can alleviate stress and help you manage your practice better, in turn, allowing you to better serve your patients. Carefully evaluate the needs of your practice, then choose the software that will best allow you to streamline medical records.
RevenueXL Inc. provides best value comprehensive solutions to medical practices. Our solutions include affordable Electronic Medical Records Software (a.k.a. EMR or EHR Software), Patient Portal, and Practice Management or Medical Billing software and revenue cycle services including medical billing, medical coding, coding audits and account receivables management services. RevenueXL offers a free consultation session to review your current challenges and answer open questions revolving around EMR and revenue cycle.