How do you benefit from implementing EMR / EHR Software
Electronic medical records not only improve the quality of patient care and decrease medical errors, but also help increase revenues and reduce administrative costs. The benefits of deploying EMR software are both financial and administrative.
- EHRs can make a patient’s health information available when and where it is needed – it is not locked away in one office or another.
- EHRs can bring a patient’s total health information together in one place, and always be current – clinicians need not worry about not knowing the drugs or treatments prescribed by another provider, so care is better coordinated.
- EHRs can support better follow-up information for patients – for example, after a clinical visit or hospital stay, instructions and information for the patient can be effortlessly provided; and reminders for other follow-up care can be sent easily or even automatically to the patient.
- EHRs can improve patient and provider convenience – patients can have their prescriptions ordered and ready even before they leave the provider’s office, and insurance claims can be filed immediately from the provider’s office.
- EHRs can link information with patient computers to point to additional resources – patients can be more informed and involved as EHRs are used to help identify additional web resources.
- EHRs don’t just “contain” or transmit information, they also compute with it – for example, a qualified EHR will not merely contain a record of a patient’s medications or allergies, it will also automatically check for problems whenever a new medication is prescribed and alert the clinician to potential conflicts.
- EHRs can improve safety through their capacity to bring all of a patient’s information together and automatically identify potential safety issues -- providing “decision support” capability to assist clinicians.
- EHRs can deliver more information in more directions, while reducing “paperwork” time for providers –for example, EHRs can be programmed for easy or automatic delivery of information that needs to be shared with public health agencies or quality measurement, saving clinician time.
- EHRs can improve privacy and security – with proper training and effective policies, electronic records can be more secure than paper.
- EHRs can reduce costs through reduced paperwork, improved safety, reduced duplication of testing, and most of all improved health through the delivery of more effective health care.
- Reduce operations cost (transcription and medical records space)
- Faster payment from payers as claims get filed quickly - accelerates revenue cycle
- Ability to see more patients in the same amount of time – stop looking for paper charts
- ePrescribe from within EHR software
- Easy integration of EHR software with several clinical systems due to HL-7 compatibility
- Built-in error detection mechanism enhances patient safety and improves patient care
- Optimized workflow
RevenueXL brings to you user-friendly and powerful Electronic Medical Records Software solutions from our pre-screened list of top Electronic Medical Records software and hardware vendors in the industry. You will save a lot of time and money by simply working with RevenueXL so that we can assess and determine your requirements and then letting us present you with our select shortlist of Electronic Medical Records Software solutions for your review. Our list of Electronic Medical Records Systems will be specifically customized for your specialty and specific requirements.