e-Prescription Software For Small Practices
e prescription software or online medical prescription for stakeholders embraces the growing need for across the care continuum and the many related benefits that improve care quality and reduce costs. Hence, RxHub is offered as a feature to providers enrolled with Surescripts for e-prescribing.
Within RxHub, providers view the patient’s Prescription Benefit Information (PBI) with details such as eligibility, drug formulary, and lower-cost alternatives. Providers also have access to a patient’s medication history, showing current and past prescriptions, to ensure no conflicting medications are prescribed. With such comprehensive information at hand, providers can :
- Send a prescription directly to the pharmacy.
- Refill a prescription from the mobile app.
- Prescribe controlled substances.
- Make the most of Clinical Direct Messaging functionality, through which updated patient information is securely exchanged across all care settings while meeting current and future standards for Meaningful Use.
Help Pharmacies Save Time and Money with New Online Medical Prescription Features
RxChange and CancelRx
PrognoCIS EHR is now certified with RxChange and CancelRx by Surescripts, which allow physicians and registered pharmacies to communicate through electronic messages, instead of the less efficient fax or telephone-based communication.
- If a pharmacy receives a prescription and has an equivalent drug rather than the exact one prescribed, they can use RxChange to request a change to the doctor’s written prescription.
- Doctors can use CancelRx when they’ve sent a prescription electronically and need to cancel it. For instance, if a patient gives the doctor new information about their symptoms, a strategy change may be necessary.
Comprehensive e Prescription Services with PrognoCIS EHR
Safer, Faster Controlled Substance Prescribing with EPCS
One of the most critical roles that e-prescribing plays within healthcare today is in the battle against the opioid epidemic. When providers use electronic prescribing for controlled substances (EPCS), they can better address opioid fraud and abuse and enhance patient safety by:
- sending controlled substance prescriptions electronically and securely directly to the pharmacy.
- making informed decisions for patients who may be at higher risk of abuse.
- ensuring compliance with existing regulations.
Through PrognoCIS EHR, providers use EPCS to prescribe DEA-class drugs electronically. PrognoCIS enables users to seamlessly and securely transmit e-prescriptions to pharmacies for DEA class I, II, III, IV, and V. The feature enforces two-factor authentication for the prescription of narcotic drugs to ensure that drugs are not prescribed by unauthorized employees such as medical assistants, nurses, or administrative staff. PrognoCIS, as well as Surescripts, keeps track of every prescription for auditing purposes. It then makes those prescriptions available as part of a patient’s medication history, regardless of where and by whom the prescription was given.
Improve Patient Care with Medication Management for Adherence
While improving the use of medications for the patient's condition and ensuring that the patient understands the purpose of the medications are critical, they essentially become irrelevant if patients do not take their medications properly.
MMA is a solution from Surescripts that allows providers to analyze prescription usage data and better implement medication management. Providers can:
- receive messages about medication adherence
- view the patient’s adherence summary.
- respond to Medication Management messages.
The Surescripts Insights for Medication Adherence platform helps clinicians to “identify adherence issues and gaps in care with patient-specific medication summaries and receive real-time messages from PBMs and health plans within their EHR workflow at the point of care.”