Top EMR Companies
Who is Cerner?
- Headquarters: North Kansas City, MO, USA
- NASDAQ Symbol: CERN
- 2016 revenue: $4.8 billion
- Cumulative R&D investment of over $5.6 billion
- More than 26,000 Cerner associates based in 26 countries worldwide
- Cerner solutions are contracted at more than 27,000 provider facilities in over 35 countries
Recent M&A Activities
On February 2, 2015, Cerner Corp. announced the completion of its acquisition of Siemens Health Services’ assets, client relationships and associates. The early focus of the alliance is on integrating diagnostics and therapeutics into the electronic health record (EHR).
Rumors are that Cerner may be looking at acquiring one of the health care industry’s fastest-growing companies, Athenahealth.
On the other hand, IBM may be potentially looking at acquiring Cerner, even though the likelihood of a potential deal comes down to both timing and how much IBM would be willing to pay.
- Cerner’s PowerChart Ambulatory EHR ensures the right physicians have the right information at the right time and place to make the best possible decisions.
- Cerner’s practice management solutions make it easy for care teams to focus on patient care by providing a complete suite for physician practices, including registration, scheduling, patient accounting and reporting.
- Cerner’s patient portal empowers patients to be proactive in their health and care management by integrating with the EHR and their lifelong record, allowing for communication with providers through secure messaging, booking or changing appointments and viewing clinical information and patient education resources.
- Designed by physicians for physicians, PowerChart Touch complements a provider’s day with a mobile interface that enables a seamless flow of information from desktop to laptop to tablet.
According to a recent KLAS report on Small Practice Ambulatory EMR/PM market, Athenahealth and Cerner have stumbled significantly over the past two years. These formerly top performing vendors now sit squarely in the middle of the pack. The performance of former Best in KLAS winner Cerner has tumbled appreciably in the past two years, and user satisfaction is now below average. Complicated usability, poor training, and pricing issues have left some small providers questioning whether Cerner was the right choice.
Contact Information for Cerner
If you are interested in learning more about Cerner, you can contact Cerner at https://www.cerner.com/solutions/provider.
Specialty EMRs Fully Customized for You
Select Your Specialty Below
We are very aware that each specialty is different, and one size does not fit all. Hence RevenueXL provides specialty-specific EHR solution with specific capabilities that are required to support that specialty.